1 LB lean ground beef
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1 TBSP olive oil
3/4 cup shredded or matchstick carrots
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 TSP sesame oil
1/4 TSP pepper
1/4 TSP ground ginger
1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli, chopped
1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion and minced garlic and cook on medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add ground beef and continue to cook over medium heat while breaking up the meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until the beef is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add carrots, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, pepper and ginger. Add red pepper flakes if desired. Toss in broccoli and combine all ingredients well.
- Cover the pan and let simmer over medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice or rice noodles and enjoy!