2 TBPS olive oil
2 medium onions- diced
1 TBSP garlic- minced
2 lbs. 90-92% lean ground beef (Beef can be substituted for ground turkey, chicken, venison, etc.)
5 TBSP chili powder
2 TSP paprika
4 TBSP cumin
3 1/2 TSP Salt
1 TSP pepper
1/4 TSP cinnamon
5 TBSP tomato paste
2 TBSP honey
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cans of organic kidney beans
1 can of organic pinto beans
3 cups of beef bone broth
Optional: 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Add the olive oil to a large soup pot and place it over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ground beef to the pot. Break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 10 minutes, until the beef is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, cinnamon, tomato paste, honey and optional cayenne pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Add the bone broth, diced tomatoes (with their juice) abs drained beans. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Bring the liquid to a low boil. Then, reduce the heat (low to medium-low) to gently simmer the chili, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Top with whatever you’d like! I like to top my chili with cheese, Greek yogurt and chives. Enjoy!