16 oz. Salmon
16 oz. penne pasta cooked based on package instructions (any kind of penne pasta will work!)
1 lb. asparagus
1 small red onion, diced
5 oz. fresh dill, finely chopped
1 ½ cup Greek yogurt
¼ cup light olive oil
Juice of 1 fresh squeezed lemon
1 tablespoon old bay seasoning (plus a little extra to season the salmon)
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
4 oz. capers
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle olive oil onto a baking sheet and place salmon skin side down onto the pan (skinless salmon is fine too!) Sprinkle old bay seasoning on top of the salmon in an even layer, about ½ teaspoon. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and easily flakes. Flake the salmon into small bite size pieces and let cool. Set aside.
- While the salmon is baking cook pasta according to package instructions. Let the pasta cool in the fridge.
- Dice red onion and finely chop dill. Set aside.
- Next, steam the asparagus. Cut off about an inch from the bottoms of the asparagus stalks. Wrap them in a couple layers of wet paper towel, set on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave. Submerge the stalks in a bowl of ice water. Once the asparagus has cooled a bit, remove the stalks from the water and cut into small pieces about 1 inch in length. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine, Greek yogurt, light olive oil, lemon juice, old bay seasoning, salt and pepper. Wisk until all ingredients are combined.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pasta, salmon, asparagus, diced onion, dill, capers and Greek yogurt mixture. Toss until all ingredients are coated in the yogurt sauce.
- Serve with a bit of extra chopped dill on top and a squeeze of lemon and enjoy!